How-to for subscribing to forum/topic and digests

Where the country coordinators and sub committees can make announcements to the players.

How-to for subscribing to forum/topic and digests

Postby ET manager » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:45 pm

To make sure the forum gets used more, and in a more efficient way, here's a little manual on how to get the most out of it:

index.php

*** Do you want to be notified each time someone posts in a particular forum (since your last visit)?

1.) Navigate to the forum of your choice
I would recommend that you subscribe to at least the following forums:
"Country Coordinators"
"Votes"
And in case you are member of a sub committee, your respective sub committee's forum.

2.) At the very bottom of the page, in the blue bar, you can click the "subscribe forum" link, and you're done.

3.) Same procedure also goes for individual topics, not just forums.

4.) You can manage your various from your User Control Panel
ucp.php , clicking "Manage subscriptions" on the left hand side.

*** Do you want to receive a digest (collection of posts that gets emailed to you every timeframe you choose (day, week, month) of the forum.

1.) In the User control panel ( see link above ), choose the right-most tab, called "Digests", and then cycle through the sub tabs on the left hand side ("Basics", "Forum Selection", "Post filters", "Additional Criteria") and set up your digests the way you prefer.

To give you an idea of how you could set it up, i did it like this:
* daily, in full HTML format, each day at 11pm
* all forums, all posts
* excluding my own posts, adding private messages if present

If you have any more questions on how to use the forum, you can ask me, or one of the other two forum admins (Neil and Tapani) for assistance.
#44969, Laura Helene Nagtegaal, Netherlands
ET manager
Site Admin

PDGA#: 44969

Return to Announcements