There are many benefits of being a current PDGA International member. Some are direct benefits to the
individual, while others are more indirect, and reflect the growth of the sport as a whole.
The direct benefits of PDGA membership include:
- All renewing members receive a basic membership package including current year membership card, annual
tour/member information, PDGA logo bag tag and sticker.
- New, first-time members also receive lifetime member #, and the latest rules book.
Renewing members receive a complementary copy of the rules book whenever a new edition is printed.
- Current members are eligible to compete in all levels of PDGA Tour events where they earn points towards
invitations to Major events including the PDGA World Championships. Current PDGA members can track
their tournament season and career results at their own personal stats pages at www.pdga.com.
- PDGA members also gain their own very cool player rating, based on their round by round performances at
Tour events. The PDGA Ratings system measures a player’s ongoing level of play, enabling them to compare
their game with friends and rivals, and with the best disc golfers in their country and around the world.
- Current International members also have the option to receive the informative PDGA e-newsletter (free), and
to purchase a subscription to the PDGA magazine. First-time (New) International members also have the
option to purchase a new PDGA member logo disc.
PDGA Member fees are also used to support many other activities and programs – the indirect benefits of
membership – including:
- The development, maintenance and innovation of the PDGA database and websites.
- The on-line and printed worldwide Course Directory which now has more than 3000 listings in 30+
- The work of the PDGA Staff in running the organization day to day including processing and maintenance
of the now huge memberships and events system, the associated accounting, the management and
delivery of the annual Pro and Amateur World Championships, annual refinements to the system, and
- Governance by the volunteer Board of Directors and the work of the volunteer Committee members who
review and revise the Rules of Play, test and approve discs and baskets for sanctioned play, develop the
Tour and competition standards, oversee the course and player ratings system, investigate Disciplinary
issues, and examine other important aspects of disc golf from the environment to sustainability to how to
grow women’s play.
- The marketing of disc golf to the public, sponsors, and the media, including representation of the sport at
trade shows, live web TV coverage of leading events, print materials including DiscGolfer magazine,
photography, videos on disc golf instruction, leading events, great shots, etc.
- The International Program, which is strengthening and supporting the growth of disc golf and the PDGA
brand in 25+ affiliated countries in Europe, Asia, and Oceania. Beyond providing sanctioned PDGA Tour
events and the benefits of membership, the International Program fosters the globalization of the Rules,
competition formats, and other standards, all with the aim of increasing international play. The Rules book
and Competition Manual together with other key PDGA information is also being translated into and
published in other languages. This Program is steered by the International Director and by the PDGA
Europe and Asia/Oceania Country Representatives, as appointed by each participating country’s national
disc sports or disc golf governing body. Information on this program is available at www.pdga-europe.com
and at www.pdga.com/international.
- The International Disc Golf Center, in Wildwood Park, Columbia County, Georgia, which opened in April
2007. A fabulous resource and headquarters for the sport, the IDGC is home to the Disc Golf Hall of
Fame, the Steady Ed Headrick Museum, the PDGA offices, and 3 world class courses.
All these PDGA activities and programs build credibility for disc golf and contribute to the formalization and growth of the sport. In short, as a PDGA member you enjoy all the direct benefits of membership as listed above, while also supporting and promoting the development of the sport and the PDGA around the world.