Järva DiscGolfPark in Stockholm, Sweden is known as one of the best designed and kept discgolf courses in the World. During the 2014 Disc Golf European Masters we sent James Thomas on a mission to figure out what it is that makes this place so special.
Fast forward to November 2014: Järva DiscGolfPark is under a threat of being shut down with plans to build cemetery on the area. While the situation is not completely new, it may very well be worse than ever. The good news is that you can help. Here’s how:
1. Share this video:
– Let’s make sure everyone in and outside the discgolf community hears this important message
2. Sign this petition: Petition @ change.org
– Show your support for the preservation of Järva DiscGolfPark in a form politicians can understand. Every signature counts.
3. Write an email to Stockholm city planning office:
– Let your voice be heard. This is the best way you can help. Share your thoughts and possible experiences of the Järva DiscGolfPark and explain why you think the area should be reserved for the living instead of the dead.
Send an email to stadsbyggnadskontoret [at] stockholm.se by December 16th.
Enter registration number (diarienummer) 2006-16107.
Source: The SpinTV @ youtube